Skip to main content

The creative process of "Chadron: Black & White vs. Color" (updated and edited)

                         
A photo essay is such a tough idea to grasp, because the story or theme comes from the photos and developing that theme is hard without the words to guide it. I just kept looking at them and Loved the one on Detroit ruins. Mostly because it captured the city and the beauty in the chaos, and because I have been looking for a way to get to know Chadron better. So I knew I needed  to find a way to do so, for me I just need sometimes to get something out there and start looking at it and taking things from it to evolve my ideas. Then I was just bored one day and I started taking a stroll around town and it was just a warm, vibrant, sunny day out so I decided to take some more photos. As I was going a long I was just really ecstatic that I was getting the shots I was getting, after coming back to my dorm, I realized that I just took like 70 photos and I only needed like seven for this project. I just kept looking at them and wondering which ones were right and all in all what I would even make of the ones I chose. I figured I'd just sleep on it and maybe come back to it with a clearer and then I went off to class and my day keeps going on and as I'm walking into Old admin For Intro to CJ I decided to walk around and look at some of the old photos on the walls and read all the cool facts behind them it hits me. I then decided why not compare the photos side by side, where one photo will be a regular color photo, then that same photo in black and white next to the color photo. Not only that but I was messing with the filters and the contrast from the black and white photos looked awesome next to the color photos. I've always enjoyed the old black and white photos, for me they bring you back to a time before you and so I thought why not put an old school twist on modern photos. The color photos were so vibrant with these deep ocean blues, and these vibrant reds and pinks, and then the radiance of the son and the green. the composition of these photos brought a smile to my face. These the black and white photos really showed beauty as well, which isn't something you think about but they really highlighted the sky and even the trees and the sun, there were things in the color photos that weren't accentuated. Then in the black and white photos it would it accentuate the missed details. Some of my favorite photos has to be the one of the veterans memorial, the one in front of the Petersen Drug  and the one of the rose bush. The one of the veterans memorial is awesome because the flag just pops and the fact that I could capture that with the amazing memorial itself  was truly awesome, I do prefer the color version but both truly capture what the memorial embraces.  The one in front of Petersen drug was awesome because although that was the center of the photo the tree in the background seems to stand out the most and really pops, and in the black and white one the sky is so awesome. I really love everything that came out of these photos  and am excited to see where the rest of this project goes. I hope you guys enjoy this and keep checking the blog for updates.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buckeye Tunes-Translated reflection (updated)

When preparing for this assignment, you have to consider the deeper questions of emoji like “How do they work?” and “How can you translate from English to emoji and have people understand it?”. First let’s look how they work, Emoji or Emoticons are small pictures that show various emotions, actions, and even places. The trick to communicating with them, is to use actions like pointing which can signify “this” or “that”, then using places like mountain pics or field pics as a direct translation. The whole point is to keep it simple for a crowd, because they may see the much more complex interpretations that you use and flip them 180 degrees and see them as the exact opposite. It’s kind of like communicating with someone who speaks a whole different language, that you, your gonna point at objects and use whole lot of hand gestures, as will they, and hope they get at least the jist of what your saying. Because of what I just explained, it makes me think people use them because they allow

Christmas in November? (analytical edit)

Christmas is right around the corner, it’s a time for breathtaking decorations, ugly sweaters, Cyber Monday deals and of course Black Friday. Wait let me back that up, I guess is more apart of Thanksgiving, no seriously stores are at the point where there open up for Black Friday right after you get done stuffing yourself to the brim with Thanksgiving foods. But be sure fit Thanksgiving in just after you make sure blanket your house in lights. Don’t get me wrong, I love the lights and the cheer, but when you put them up on Thanksgiving it just doesn’t feel like a Thanksgiving. It feels to me like Thanksgiving was originally a nudge on the arm saying “hey don’t forget to be thankful for Christmas..”, and maybe we overshadow that, maybe we take that for granted. If anything, turn off your Christmas music off, kill the lights and move your shopping plans over, and enjoy a meal worth giving thanks for, and Christmas will be waiting for you the next day.  While many may feel that Christm

Buckeye Tunes-translated (updated)

Anyone who knows me well, knows that I am a huge fan of The Ohio State Buckeyes Football, so they would be surprised I chose the buckeyes fight song to translate. Wait a minute, I know what you are thinking, this isn't necessarily a fairytale. I propose to you to think about a fight song in a different way, they carry history like a fairytale. The song made it's first appearance on October 16,1915. Being played by the band ever since, through great wins, nail biting losses, and some good old Buckeye miracles.  It is 103 years of tradition, just like any fairytale, it tells the story. This story being a triumphant win in a battle of men cast in the Scarlet and Grey, as they lay siege on their opponents. This song is usually played in pre-game festivities led by the marching band, while the "Buckeye Battle Cry" is reserved for after we score. These two songs are very important in the tradition hardy program that is the Ohio State. Here are the original lyrics a long wi